xml-general mailing list archives

From Martin Stricker <shu...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposal: new xml-commons subproject for standards-based files
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:50:32 GMT
Andy Clark wrote:

> James Melton wrote:
> > the commons area, but I would tend to think that no one should
> > change the external code that _is_ included in commons.
>
> What if the foreign code is broken? For example: various bugs
> in previous releases of SAX. But we should definitely *avoid*
> changing outside code.

Umm, good point, Andy. So external code might have to be changed, but
these changes *must* be well documented (something like a
changes_made.txt in the main directory of the code), and any of our
applications that depend on this changed code must tell this in their
readme or installation documentation.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Star Trek Rollenspiel: http://www.uss-republic.de/