xml-general mailing list archives

From Martin Stricker <shu...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Documentation Format (was Re: Help wanted: more qualified developers)
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 23:20:30 GMT
Kelly Campbell wrote:

> What's wrong with Stylebook? Personally, I prefer Docbook. It's well
> documented, used for many other documentation projects, and has alot
> of resources going for it. But we've already got most of the websites
> in stylebook, so I'm just wondering if it makes sense to do things two
> different ways? I know stylebook is more web-oriented, but we
> shouldn't have to maintain duplicate sets of documents just to have a
> printable version.

You can easily print web pages. Most browsers even have a print button.
;-))

Please keep the documentation format as simple as possible! I want to be
able to read it on a linux console (text only, no graphical user
interface).

BTW: The higher the learning curve for writing xml.apache.org
documentation is the lower is the chance I'll write some...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker

Star Trek Rollenspiel: http://www.uss-republic.de/
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi