xml-general mailing list archives

From Rogério Meneguelli Gatto <ga...@softwaredesign.com.br>
Subject FOP + Xalan + Tomcat: JAXP version trouble?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 19:53:48 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having trouble trying to generate PDF with FOP on a Tomcat environment.
Command line classes work great.

It seems to me that the JAXP version bundled with Tomcat (DOM1, SAX1) isn't
what FOP, Xalan and the like are expecting: I'm receiving a bunch of low level
errors, like NoSuchMethod and NoClassDefFound.  I've also had a couple of
incompatibilities regarding namespace support from Sun's default SAXParser.

Is there a way to make these children play nice together?  Preferably without
changing Tomcat installation...

I believe that ClassLoaders are set correctly:
	System CLASSPATH: jaxp.jar, parser.jar (from tomcat install)
	WebApp ClassLoader: xerces-1.2.3.jar, xalan-1.2.2.jar, fop-0.18.1.jar, w3c.jar,
and the other FOP supplied jars.

Thanks,
Rogério Gatto

--
Rogério Meneguelli Gatto     |  ICQ# 25775025
Analista de Sistemas Pleno   |  +55 19 3254-6518 ext 223