xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help wanted: more qualified developers
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:38:34 GMT
Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:
> time for a couple of months, before the payback begins.  There is a real
> short-term hit whenever a new member of a team comes on, and always the
> risk that the person won't stick around for long enough to make it worth
> while.

A comment from experience: I have had a lot of people write to me
directly to say that they were very excited to start helping out
on Xerces and to ask where to begin. After offering them ideas of
where to start and/or what areas that they could work on, they
either say that they're suddenly too busy or disappear entirely.

I'm willing to be a mentor but only if the student shows up to
class. :)