xml-general mailing list archives

From Ed Loehr <elo...@austin.rr.com>
Subject [COCOON + TOMCAT] newbie installation problem
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 23:24:53 GMT
New to tomcat, cocoon, and to this list.  Any pointers to a more
appropriate forum for this question is much appreciated.

I'm getting an error installing Cocoon + Tomcat while following the
steps outlined in a Devshed article by Olivier Eymere...

	http://www.devshed.com/Client_Side/XML/INTCXX/

I made it to the point of trying out the cocoon samples
and then got the error below when loading any .xml page.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Ed Loehr

-----------------------------

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

      java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating
org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make sure the needed classes can
be found in the classpath (org/apache/xerces/framework/XMLParser)
              at
org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java:122)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java:147)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java:232)
              at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:157)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
              at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
              at
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
              at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
              at
              at
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)