xml-general mailing list archives

From James Melton <james.mel...@cylogix.com>
Subject Re: Help wanted: more qualified developers
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 15:48:52 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:
> One thing that I believe would help Xerces-J
> at least,
> would be to temporarily have some portion of some full-timer's time
> allocated to
> integrating new developers

This sounds so cool to me.

I don't think it needs to be as much work as it sounds for the full-time
people already involved. What if you had a new developer assigned to
your team who worked only one day a week (or who worked very slowly :)
They wouldn't necessarily take up that much of your time. You just need
to pull off what seems to you like a relatively simple problem and say
"Here you go". Eventually the new person comes back with a solution, and
progress continues. I think this model could work for non-developer
contributors as well. It relies on someone familiar with what needs to
be done taking time to pass that work on to someone else.

Am I being too idealistic?

James Melton                 CyLogix
609.750.5190                 609.750.5100
james.melton@cylogix.com     www.cylogix.com