xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: xml.apache.org charter proposal
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:22:47 GMT
At 01:56 AM 4/10/01 +0200, Martin Stricker wrote:
>Arved_37@chebucto.ns.ca wrote:
>> Your conclusion about kicking out XML Apache software that completes
>> its development life-cycle and goes into ops & maintenance does not
>> logically follow from anything that I said. I am specifically not
>> enthused about the idea of accepting complete applications that are
>> already finished - that is all.
>
>Sorry I misunderstood you, Arved. I personally would like apache.org and
>of course xml.apache.org to take over a (maybe finished, maybe not
>finished) software project fitting into our charter if it's owner isn't
>able/doesn't want to develop it further himself. This would prevent
>great software to die of old age and bugs which would be a pity.

I think you are actually correct. I thought this one through some more - it
seems to me that as long as the project meets our other guidelines, and
shows that it can attract a group of people, then it still meets Apache
guidelines.

I was fixating on initial development, which is an unnecessarily narrow
perspective.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom

Fairly Senior Software Type