xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Help wanted: more qualified developers
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:43:05 GMT
At 02:52 PM 4/4/01 -0400, Donald_Leslie@lotus.com wrote:
[ SNIP ]
>One task you (or someone) might find interesting: using FOP to produce PDF
>documentation. I added "printerdoc" targets to our Xalan-J and Xalan-C++
>build.xml files some time ago, but I'm sure theres LOTS of room to enhance
>the build procedures and stylesheets.

Extra bennie for us (FOP): more testcases, more people giving us feedback
etc etc.

One thing that would be cool: the XSLT to make FO from DocBook is constantly
being improved, so the bar is being continually raised for us to support
DocBook. If much or most of the XML Apache docs were to be DocBook, then
there would be extra feedback on how successful we are in supporting this
popular doc format. Just an idea - I don't know what format project docs, in
general, are in.

Regards,
Arved Sandstrom
Fairly Senior Software Type