xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Results of XML PMC Vote.
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:17:09 GMT

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> An anonymous vote was held, closed Thursday March 15, 2001, to
> The 5 candidates receiving the most votes, and thus elected as
> The ballots are archived by the ASF secretary.

Thanks a lot Ben, Jim !

So - next steps as I see them - let me know if anyone sees error;

1.	I'll contact the candidates today by private mail to
	verify if all is fine and

2.	Open a discussion on how the new PMC wants to continue.

Immediate "Must do's" are IMHO:

3.	Suggest a chair (not me I hope :-) and oropose this PMC to
	the ASF board. And agree who wants to do what.

4.	Determine open/close/correct-use of the old PMC list and
	switch/add subscriber's.

5.	Work on a new Charter (does this need to be prior/at the same time
	as '3' ????) which covers what we (want) to do; but at least
	(for now) more than just a parser!

6.	Work on the proposal of two standing working groups - as per
	Arved's suggestion and balance/ensure/invite per project if
	needed.

7.	Draft some guidelines to accept AND clean-up new and inactive
	projects. And invocate those :-)

8.	Go through the mail of the last 4 weeks to cull out all the
	nice proposals for procedural and organisational changes; ask
	general@ to help us refine them and implement those where
	it makes sense.

Comments ? Anything big I missed ?

Dw