xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Volunteers: FINAL Cut?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:32:10 GMT

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Kelly Campbell wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:41:19PM -0800, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
>
> > Proposed procedure:
>
> > -	vote to be public on general@ - archived copy on apache.org
> > 	is what counts.
>
> I'm just curious, especially after last november's U.S. presidential

It is a proposal -I gave this some thoughd but deceided to keep close to
similar vote's we've had (for example in members we vote openly on new
members).

But If people want I am also willing to make this a closed vote (which is
'closer' to how I would do it personally).

Proposed voting methods

1. open - send your votes in on general@ and we count in public.

2. public i.e.  I'll ask the ASF secretariat to accept votes on
	something@apache.org - they tally them and then post the results
	in such a way that people can verify that the vote was fair.

3. closed
	Or if people want a more anonymous vote - we can ask the ASF
	secretariat to do the counting for us - have the ASF
	board supervize it - and let us know the tally.

Preferences anyone ?

Dw