xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Volunteers: FINAL Cut?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 05:41:19 GMT

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Sam Ruby wrote:

> 1.  Is the following the final list?
>
>   [ ] Scott Boag
>   [ ] Matthew B Brandabur
>   [ ] Kelly A. Campbell
>   [ ] Luc Chamberland
>   [ ] Shane Curcuru
>   [ ] Vincent Hardy
>   [ ] Ted Leung
>   [ ] Ram Mareddy
>   [ ] Tinny Ng
>   [ ] Sam Ruby
>   [ ] Arved Sandsrom
>   [ ] Davanum Srinivas
>   [ ] Kimbro Staken
>   [ ] Rajesh Thiharie
>   [ ] Dirk-Willem van Gulik

Yes - however I am worried about some groups. Although it might feel
'slow' here, this is only relative to your groups metabolism. So, despite
all the discussion, I do not want to close the door completely.

So unless I hear a request to add to this 'final' list - seconded by at
least two committer in the next 24 hours consider it closed. I'll email
Batik explicity to make sure they know that we are getting close to
voting and that they really need to get their act together.

Objections to this?

> 2.  When does voting start?

Judging by the PMC Size vote - which seems to be overwhelmingly for '5' I
guess we need a vote :-) to narrow down this list.

Proposed procedure:

-	vote to be called on Saturday unless I see a '-1'
	on the list by someone who feels this procedure
	needs to be changed.
-	vote open for 4 days (I'll post date/timezone :-).
-	vote to be public on general@ - archived copy on apache.org
	is what counts.
-	vote must be in provided template format.
-	no veto's; up to five votes, one vote/canidate.

Does this sound fair (fair 'final' proposal and fair voting procude) ? Let
me know - otherwise we are go.

Dw