xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Resend of first cut
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 05:26:17 GMT

Given that we have to reboot the PMC without an active current PMC - as
per the boards instructions - I am willing to defend to the board any
markup of the PMC - based on committers, non committers or even external
people - or whatever other format is made here.

One of the first tasks of the PMC will be to a) negotiate a charter with
the ASF which properly covers its projects (and the ones it wants to add)
and/or arrange for projects to be moved to other PMC's or be
terminated. And b) to confirm/modify it's own rules.

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Kelly Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 08:48:54PM -0800, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
> >
> > I.e. we can add people from outside the board on the fly. Any 5 to N we
> > propose do of course have to be accepted to the board.
> I didn't see anything in the sections of the bylaws Scott posted about the
> PMC members having to be a committer, however, the PMC page for xml.apache
> says PMC members must be committers:
> "New members may be elected to the PMC. In order to be elected, a person
> must have served as a Committer and be nominated by a PMC Member. Once
> nominated, all of the PMC will vote and those receiving a 3/4 positive
> vote will become a member."
> If we want to keep this requirement, that would eliminate 5 of the 14 in
> the first cut list by my count (please correct me if I'm wrong). I know
> we've said having non-committer input in the PMC is important, but should
> we be changing the rules for the PMC makeup at this point? The only other
> project that has any info about their PMC visible online seems to be
> jakarta, and it has almost identicle language.
> -Kelly

View raw message