xml-general mailing list archives

From "Scott Dewitt" <dewit...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Line/Column number information from DOMParser
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 01:38:13 GMT
Is there any way to get accurate line & column number information from the
DOMParser with Xerces 1.3.0?  By accurate, I mean exact and usable for
maintaining selection and change synchronization between a DOM and source
view in a GUI.  This is a very desirable feature for a UI-based XML editor
that provides both a DOM and source view of a single XML document.
However, I have not yet found a way to do this using current APIs since I
cannot get line and column number information at all during the parse so I
have no idea what the mapping between node/text location is.

Thanks,
Scott

Scott DeWitt                IBM WebSphere Transcoding Publisher
dewittsc@us.ibm.com
(919) 486.1919   t/l 526.1919