xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers: First Cut
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:52:18 GMT
Stephane Hillion wrote:

> All the references to crimson we have are constant string references
> to the parser class name. These strings are in the source code because
> we are in beta version and all the resource files have not been created
> yet.

org\apache\batik\apps\regsvggen\Main.java:import org.apache.crimson.tree.*;
org\apache\batik\apps\regsvggen\Main.java:import org.apache.crimson.parser.
*;

I also don't happen to believe that components should be specifying the
parser to use.  JAXP will default nicely, otherwise it should be up to
either the main program (or web appliction), or the person who starts or
configures the server.

> BTW I used Xalan 1.2.1 in Batik to perform some XSL stuff and it was
> impossible to change the DOM implementation since explicit references
> to Xerces are present everywhere.

As Scott has already pointed out, Xalan has already gotten religion.  In
fact the version of Xalan that ships with JAXP 1.1 works with Crimson.

> Too bad..

What teamwork.

- Sam Ruby