xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Volunteers: First Cut
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 19:26:17 GMT

Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@covalent.net> wrote:
> So also by monday 24.00 GMT tell the list how you want this to
> continue. Options I can think off:
>
> A.       Silence is consent and unless I/the-board/this-lists hears
>          objections we move forward with proposing this PMC to
>          the board.
>
> B.       We have a vote by the committers on this group as a whole.
>          (Usual system, including veto's).
>
> C.       We have a vote on each member (Must have N/2+1 to be part
>          of the PMC; veto's do not apply. If we end up with less
>          than 5 people or more than 15 - redo from start).
>
> D.       Some scheme I did not think off - to be proposed.
>
> E.       This is all going to fast - and I propose to .... :-)

I'm a bit confused how we go forward without having a clear notion as to
how big the PMC should be.  Shouldn't we figure this out before going
forward with votes?  I don't think we should just let the size of the PMC
fall out as a by-product of how many votes that people get.  Maybe I'm
missing something.

I would propose the categories be:
1)  3 people.
2)  5 people.
4)  < 15 people.
5)  Project representation - 1 person for each project (which nobody seems
to like except me)

I propose to call a general vote on this, before we vote on members.

Also, +1 on Sam's 'F' category.

-scott