xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject RE: Potential Xerces regression (bug# 933)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:55:32 GMT

We have automated unit testing (and now, with Gump, automated integration
testing), and the Xerces bug was caught with this, relativily soon after it
occured.

What I was referring to was the JAXP 1.1 interface, where we should have
specified the DOMSource taking a DOMImplementation object.  This had many
eyes on it, including Edwin's and Joe's, but no one caught this issue.  And
the JAXP 1.1 doc for DocumentBuilder#newDocument in the Xalan repository
does not say that this method is non-preferred.  All Xalan JAXP 1.1 testing
occured with DocumentBuilder#newDocument... no one thought to try and
create the Document node via the DOMImplementation object.

-scott

                    "Eric Hodges"

                    <eric.hodges@mongoos        To:     <general@xml.apache.org>

                    etech.com>                  cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                                Subject:     RE: Potential Xerces regression
(bug# 933)
                    03/13/01 01:03 PM

                    Please respond to

                    general

I highly recommend automated unit testing.