xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Volunteers: FINAL Cut?
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:06:20 GMT

> 3. closed
>          Or if people want a more anonymous vote - we can ask the ASF
>          secretariat to do the counting for us - have the ASF
>          board supervize it - and let us know the tally.
>
> Preferences anyone ?

I also think that voting should be an anonymous process, regardless of how
it is traditionally done.  This is especially important where folks work
for the same company, and they may not feel great about voting against
someone they have to see every day, and who may end up being involved in
their performance evaluation at the end of the year.  For instance, their
are 9 committers working on the Lotus XSLT team.  If anyone on this team
feels that Shane or I should not be on the PMC, they shouldn't feel extra
pressure.

I don't think this is a big deal, because people have to be used to
speaking their conscience on an open source project (at least I hope they
do...), but I think you'll get a cleaner vote if you make it anonymous.

-scott