xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Volunteers: First - cut - Deadline 2nd of March: Shane volunteers
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 01:10:55 GMT

Yes, I know - I'm not ignoring you, I'm... um... actively prioritizing in a
manner that temporarily addresses certain demands in other areas first...
yeah.  8-)

One of the things I want to do is get Ant 1.3 released and used in our
tree, then I'll just write an Ant task that runs Xalan Tests and Testlets,
making managing the classpath & etc. much simpler.  I also have a better
StylesheetTestletDriver that will make the conformance test portion work
better.

Short answer on your Gumplog:
- Conformance test results look appropriate, at a guess.  Someone needs to
check in a few extra gold files.
- Minitest portion passed, good.
- Examples test portion failed, probably cause either the test isn't
updated for absolute pathnames yet or because Scott moved the gold files to
a different directory; I'm not really sure this test should be in the
smoketest target (I'd put some of the other API coverage tests there
myself).
- Exception at the end is probably due to our build script trying to call
the <style> task.  I tried and tried on my machine, and even with
optional.jar and such, could never get it to actually work for me (hence I
only call it if it thinks the right class is available).

Hey: do you have a FAQ or overview document of standards and what-not that
each project could follow that would make them run better in your system?
Just a brief list of suggested ways to write your Ant build files to make
this kind of stuff simpler.  One of the things I'm wondering about is why
anyone manages classpaths in their batch/shell files?  Why not just have
build.bat/.sh only add ant.jar and some form of xml parser to the
classpath, and then always have any other classpath items needed be added
via properties (which would be resettable from outside of the build) and
only for the tasks that need the extra items on the classpath?

- Shane

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-03-01/xml-xalan2-smoketest.html