xml-general mailing list archives

From David_N_Bert...@lotus.com
Subject Re: ICU + XALAN On WinNT 4
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2001 17:47:11 GMT

This isn't surprising, since Xalan-C+ doesn't yet implement the lang
attribute on xsl:sort.  We should at least be displaying a warning, but I
guess we're not.

Dave

                    Mark Owens

                    <Mark.Owens@c        To:     "'general@xml.apache.org'" <general@xml.apache.org>

                    oda.com>             cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)

                                         Subject:     ICU + XALAN On WinNT 4

                    03/27/2001

                    09:37 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Hi,
I've just downloaded and built the latest stable Xalan files plus the ICU
libraries using MSVC6. I followed the instructions on building ICU support
with Xalan. Everything seems to build OK.
I'm particularly interested in the ICU collating sequencing so I rebuilt
TestXSLT as described in the documentation.

Although I believe I've got my PATH set up correctly, it refuses to sort
based on the lang attribute and reverts to the English order. I've
concluded (maybe incorrectly) that the ICU libs aren't being called.

This xml file:
<list xml:lang="fr">
  <item>côté</item>
  <item>coté</item>
  <item>côte</item>
  <item>cote</item>
</list>

pushed through this stylesheet:
<!DOCTYPE xsl [
  <!ENTITY nl "<xsl:text>&#13;&#10;</xsl:text>">
]>

<xsl:stylesheet
 version="1.0"

  <xsl:output method="text" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>
  <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>

<xsl:template match="/list">

 <xsl:for-each select="item">
  <xsl:sort lang="fr" select="."/>
     <xsl:value-of select="."/>&nl;
 </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

should produce this list:
cote
côte
coté
côté

but I actually get:
cote
coté
côte
côté

Has anyone got any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Thanks
Mark