xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane_Curc...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Volunteers: First Cut
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:59:25 GMT

A vote and a side question:

+1 from Shane for F. voting proposal below. Seems a good Apache tradition,
and ensures that at least someone is paying attention out there to all
this.  Afterwards though I fear we're going to have to buy Dirk some
aspirin as he tries to organize all the votes flowing into his mailbox...
8-)

Side question: are there any restrictions on membership in the PMC?  Can
anyone (who's voted for) be on it? Only committers in the xml.apache.org
area? Only Apache members of some type?
(sorry if I missed earlier discussion on this, those of us on the Atlantic
Seaboard of the US this week are having a little bit of snow)

---- you Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@covalent.net> wrote----
> On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Sam Ruby wrote:
> > I'm not thrilled with A or B.  I'd personally like to participants have
> > sustained track record of participating (if even only on the mailing
lists)
> > to one or more Apache XML subprojects.
> Ok - nice idea... let's add an 'F'
>
> F.            Vote on each member with lazy consensus: must have
>           a minimum of three +1's, and more +1's than -1's.

Also in general I support the basic ideas that have been floated around of
a private PMC list for very limited uses where the PMC really needs
temporary privacy, and some more public list where most of the PMC work is
done that any Apacheites can listen in on.

- Shane