xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Batik refs to Crimson (was Re: Volunteers: First Cut)
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:31:43 GMT

That's just a default fallback for use with SAX if no JAXP 1.1
implementation can be found and no SAX parser properties are found.  I
wouldn't think it would be a problem.

-scott

                    Edwin Goei

                    <Edwin.Goei@en        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    g.sun.com>            cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                          Subject:     Re: Batik refs to Crimson (was Re:
Volunteers: First Cut)
                    03/06/2001

                    03:14 PM

                    Please respond

                    to general

Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> Stephane Hillion <hillion@apache.org> wrote:
> >  BTW I used Xalan 1.2.1 in Batik to perform some XSL stuff and it was
> >  impossible to change the DOM implementation since explicit references
>
> >  Xerces are present everywhere. Too bad..
>
> XalanJ 2.0 is independent of Xerces or Crimson... it only uses JAXP 1.1,
> DOM2, and SAX2.

I don't know if it is still true, but in our current internal build we
have to replace the following file because it refers to xerces...

org/apache/xalan/res/XSLTInfo.properties

-Edwin