xml-general mailing list archives

From lcham...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: Volunteers: First Cut
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 22:38:00 GMT
I'd like to volunteer my help to the new PMC.

1. Luc Chamberland
2. Subscriber to xerces-j and xerces-c and parser licensee.
3. IBM, XML Parsers Development Manager (IBM XML4J and XML4C)
4. My value-add:
   - I have an extensive background in project management,
   and would like to bring those skills over to the XML sub-projects so
   that
   we can improve our planning, bug tracking, and coordination amongst the
   sub-projects. I currently provide similar project management to XML
   parser
   development occuring within IBM.  I answer a lot of questions pertaining
   to licensing
   of Apache technology by IBM, and would be happy to do same for Apache.

   - I'm particularly interested in working with the other sub-projects
   to ensure they work well together, and maintain some level of
   application agnosticism.
   Some of the closed source efforts in the industry are putting out
   compelling
   suites of XML tools/runtimes, and our community needs to better ensure
   our tools
   compliment one another. (I concur with Ted on the need for common design
   points
   and a technology stack.)

   - As a technical writer for several years, I'd like to lend my help to
   improving our overall
   doc strategy, particularly by focussing on "big picture" scenarios that
   illustrate how
   the various sub-project technologies work together.  I've written
   similar articles for the
   Java Developer's Journal and IBM publications.

re voting option, +1 for F.

Luc Chamberland
lchamber@ca.ibm.com