xml-general mailing list archives

From "Lyle Coder" <x_co...@hotmail.com>
Subject Xerces multithreaded performance
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:10:30 GMT
 Hi,
 I am using the Xerces DOM API.  When I am creating DOMs simultaneously via
 different threads, I have a serious performance bottle neck.  Many times,
my
 application just STALLS and I use GDB to break in and see where the stall
is
 and it is ALWAYS in Xerces where I am calling some Xerces allocation
 function like
 XercesElement->createElement()

 I mean... I get better performance with just one thread.  And if you are
 wondering, my code does not hold any locks at all (no semaphores), so I
know
 it is not my program thats the bottle neck

 So the question is, has any one else seen this, and if so, do you have a
 solution

 Thanks
 Lyle