xml-general mailing list archives

From "Lyle Coder" <x_co...@hotmail.com>
Subject Xerces multithreaded performance
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:03:56 GMT
Hi,
I am using the Xerces DOM API.  When I am creating DOMs simultaneously via
different threads, I have a serious performance bottle neck.  Many times, my
application just STALLS and I use GDB to break in and see where the stall is
and it is ALWAYS in Xerces where I am calling some Xerces allocation
function like
XercesElement->createElement()

I mean... I get better performance with just one thread.  And if you are
wondering, my code does not hold any locks at all (no semaphores), so I know
it is not my program thats the bottle neck

So the question is, has any one else seen this, and if so, do you have a
solution

Thanks
Lyle