xml-general mailing list archives

From "Samson, Lyndon [IT]" <lyndon.sam...@ssmb.com>
Subject Xalan 2.0.0
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:10:48 GMT

Hi Groovy XML people!

I have a situation where I have a Stylesheet which includes others like;

<xsl:include href="feature1.xsl"/>
<xsl:include href="feature2.xsl"/>

The w3c docs say that the included files are relative to the base URI, that
is
the URI of the top level document.

I have some simple code which looks like this

	StreamSource s = ...; // Some Streamsource
      Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(new StreamSource(new
FileReader("/dir1/dir2/toplevel.xsl")));
      StringWriter xmlOut = new StringWriter();
      transformer.transform(s, new StreamResult(xmlOut));

Any files 'included' in the toplevel.xsl stylesheet are relative to the
current directory ( System.getProperties.getProperty("user.dir") ) rather
than the base URI of the toplevel style sheet as expected.

Is this meant to happen? What's a way around it?

thx
lyndon