xml-general mailing list archives

From Tim McCune <t...@channelpoint.com>
Subject RE: Common sub-project for Xalan/Xerces
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:45:27 GMT

Seems like a natural progression to me.  Create an Apache XML
Development Kit (AXDK?), that other Apache XML projects can depend
on, instead of depending on Xerces, or each bundling common Apache
code in with their own distributions.  Any code that resides under
org.apache.xml lives in the AXDK and is _only_ distributed as part of
the AXDK distribution.  It would also include some standard 3rd party
jars (jaxp, dom, sax, etc.)  Then in the Xalan distribution (for
example), you don't have _any_ code that is not packaged under
org.apache.xalan, so you can avoid overlap.  We've had a
"ChannelPoint Development Kit" here that is pretty analagous to this
for some time and it works well.