xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Potential Xerces regression (bug# 933)
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:37:00 GMT
Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> There are at least two major problems.  The first of which I've put a hack
> in Xalan to work around, but I'm not sure if there is a work around for the
> other problem, which happens *after* Xerces 1.3.0.  Neither of these are
> reported in Bugzilla that I can see, so I'll try to do this tomorrow if I
> get a chance.

I checked in a fix for both Xerces 1 and 2 for the second problem having
to do with JAXP.  Alternatively, the preferred fix would be to have the
application create a DOM Document via a DOMImplementation object as
outlined in my other posting.  Or at least, that seems to be what the
DOM WG intended for apps to create Document objects.

-Edwin