xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers: FINAL Cut?
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:40:15 GMT
Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> Personal preference: every active subproject gets 1 rep. I understand from
> Arnaud that Crimson is inactive. Considering the C/C++/Perl projects to be

I would not consider crimson inactive.  The plan is for Crimson
development to continue until Xerces 2 becomes stable enough to replace
it.  I believe development on Xerces 1 is also continuing for the same
reason.  Crimson is being used in the JAXP 1.1 reference implementation
and is slated to be bundled with Sun's JDK 1.4.

This brings up the question of what constitutes a subproject for the
"representative PMC".  Do language variants count as different
projects?  Does Crimson count as a separate project?  One advantage in
having a small, non-representative PMC is that this question does not
have to be answered immediately.

-Edwin