xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Line/Column number information from DOMParser
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 23:38:40 GMT
Scott Dewitt wrote:
> Is there any way to get accurate line & column number information from the
> DOMParser with Xerces 1.3.0?  By accurate, I mean exact and usable for

That's probably outside of what is possible with Xerces. You
can always keep track of the row, column information from the
locator and get somewhat close, though. For example, when you
get a characters() call, save the position and then if you
see a startElement() call next, it's a good bet that the
element started at the *last* saved position.

And there's a special feature on the DOM parser to get the
current element node. Check the Properties documentation page
for more information.