xml-general mailing list archives

From Arnaud Le Hors <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: Reboot of the XML 'PMC'.
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2001 19:58:23 GMT
Arved Sandstrom wrote:

> But XML Apache has another current
> goal - "to provide feedback to standards bodies (such as IETF and W3C) from
> an implementation perspective" - that covers this base, too; we are
> responsible for generating quality feedback to the spec writers. Why?
> Because we said so, ourselves. And I'm not sure we do that so well, either.

I couldn't tell if it's true for all the XML projects but my guess is
that the situation is actually better than you might think. As it
stands, several committers of Xerces and Xalan are members of the
various standard committees that actually produce the specs that govern
these projects. I, for one, regularly forward Xerces users feedback to
the W3C Working Groups I'm in (XML Core and DOM). I'm sure this is true
for other committers involved in similar groups.
This said, it would be nice to identify these people and figure how much
coverage we actually have.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM Cupertino, XML Strategy Group