xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <Edwin.G...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: XmlDocument: SecurityException, sealing violation
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 19:42:06 GMT
"Alapati, Satyananda R [IT]" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using import org.apache.crimson.tree.*;
>
> when I do XmlDocument result = new XmlDocument();
> I am getting "SecurityException, sealing violation' error.  This was
> happening only when I used JRUN3.01.  This was not an issue when I was using
> JRUN2.3.  Can you please help me on this?

I am not familiar with JRUN, but the recommended way of creating an XML
document is to use the JAXP interfaces.  Something like

DocumentBuilder db =
DocumentBuilderFactory().newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
DOMImplementation domImpl = db.getDOMImplementation();
// use DOM Level 2 to create a DOM Document object

This way your code should also run on other JAXP compliant parsers such
as Xerces.

-Edwin