xml-general mailing list archives

From James Melton <james.mel...@cylogix.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: Reboot of the XML 'PMC'.
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:13:07 GMT
It seems from reading the existing bylaws that there is nothing to
prevent the PMC from doing as you suggested. Rather than actually
changing the bylaws, perhaps another category under "Roles and
Responsibilities" (http://xml.apache.org/roles.html) could include
"Temporary Working Groups":

"Temporary Working Groups are created by the PMC to resolve issues that
require more attention than the PMC can provide directly. Typically
these are issues that affect multiple subprojects. Members are drawn
from the Open Source community and are appointed by the PMC. The Working
Group acts in place of the PMC to resolve an issue, and upon resolution
the group dissolves."

Jim.