xml-general mailing list archives

From "Fotis Jannidis" <fotis.janni...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: Reboot of the XML 'PMC'.
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:19:35 GMT
From:           	Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@covalent.net>

> Care to write it down in such a way as it would appear ? I.e. see
> the web site for what is there now (xml.apache.org/misson.html
> et.al.) and see what you would come up with - possibly with > '
> footnotes' where needed to explain what is really meant.

What I had in mind would be an addition on the page
http://xml.apache.org/management.html section "Roles".

The PMC is responsible for the strategic direction and success of
the xml.apache.org Project. This governing body is expected
to ensure the project's welfare and guide its overall direction. The
PMC may not necessarily participate in the day-to-day coding but
is involved in the overall development plans, the alleviation of any
bottlenecks, the resolution of conflicts, and the overall technical
success of the project.
<<<

NEW:
In order to handle problems concerning more than one sub project
the PMC can create working groups with volunteers from all
Apache projects. [Footnote / Addition:  These working
groups are task oriented and dissolved as soon as the
problem is solved or some agreement has been found.]

Fotis