xml-general mailing list archives

From "Michael P. Wilson" <mpwil...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: A humble plea...
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 14:12:51 GMT
Any quip I have isn't with whether or not it's in the library, "publicly
exposed" or not, it's with the authors of the book knowing the state of the
libraries (indeed commenting on it) they were using in their samples.  I
don't mind coding anything myself.  But that's dirty pool on Deitel's part.

It's ok.  It'll all be over when I finish recoding it in C++ anyway.

------Original Message------
From: Rajiv Mordani <Rajiv.Mordani@Sun.COM>
To: general@xml.apache.org
Sent: March 6, 2001 12:26:22 AM GMT
Subject: Re: A humble plea...

Hi Michael,
The reason that it isn't part of JAXP is that it is one of the
things that the DOM WG is looking at as part of DOM Level 3 of which I
believe there is a draft. However there is a way around this and that is
to use the javax.xml.transform package. Create a transformer without any
stylesheet associated and use that with the result being an instance of
StreamResult to write it out.

- Rajiv

--
:wq