xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: VOTE: PMC size
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 23:05:23 GMT
At 11:06 AM 3/6/01 -0500, Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

>Arved Sandstrom <Arved_37@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
>> All other functions are accommodated through the already discussed
>mechanism
>> of having temporary working groups. The all-committer body (standing WG)
>has
>> identification and management of these WGs as one of its primary
>functions.
>> Scott's Architectural Mgmt Council could definitely be one of these.
>
>The AMC concept is not one of a temporary working group, but a long term
>guidence institution.
>
>-scott

Understood. "Temporary" means not eternal. :-) More exactly, I meant that
"temporary" working groups would be shorter-lived than the standing group
composed of all committers, since all special-purpose groups would be given
their mandate by that all-committers group.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type
e-plicity (http://www.e-plicity.com)