xml-general mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <Arved...@chebucto.ns.ca>
Subject Re: Volunteers: First Cut
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2001 23:06:22 GMT
At 02:26 PM 3/5/01 -0500, Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:
>I'm a bit confused how we go forward without having a clear notion as to
>how big the PMC should be.  Shouldn't we figure this out before going
>forward with votes?  I don't think we should just let the size of the PMC
>fall out as a by-product of how many votes that people get.  Maybe I'm
>missing something.
>
>I would propose the categories be:
>1)  3 people.
>2)  5 people.
>4)  < 15 people.
>5)  Project representation - 1 person for each project (which nobody seems
>to like except me)
>
>I propose to call a general vote on this, before we vote on members.
>
>Also, +1 on Sam's 'F' category.

+1 on the 'F' thing.

I agree with Scott that we really need to agree a size and composition
before we vote. I want to add that my name in the hat is best considered
provisional until we decide this. If we go with less than 7 or 8 people then
I will not run - I saw a lot of people put their names in who deserve a kick
at the can, and I've already got as much stuff going on as can keep me busy,
basically.

Regards,
Arved

Fairly Senior Software Type