xml-general mailing list archives

From Kelly Campbell <c...@merlot.channelpoint.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers: FINAL Cut?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2001 06:19:37 GMT
On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:41:19PM -0800, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Proposed procedure:

> -	vote to be public on general@ - archived copy on apache.org
> 	is what counts.

I'm just curious, especially after last november's U.S. presidential
election and since I haven't been through a PMC vote before. Is there any
concern about how publicly published votes over the voting period affect
the final outcome? I agree that the voting needs to be open, but is it
even possible if we wanted to for votes to be tallied privately by some
trusted third party and the votes published after "polls" close?

Like I said, it's just curiosity. The currently proposed procedure is
fine with me. I will be away from the net for the weekend just incase
anyone wonders why my vote doesn't come in until Monday :-)

-Kelly
--
Kelly A. Campbell              Software Engineer
<camk@merlotxml.org>           ChannelPoint, Inc.