xml-general mailing list archives

From Kelly Campbell <c...@merlot.channelpoint.com>
Subject Re: Size of the PMC - Take II.
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 06:31:20 GMT
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:46:15PM -0800, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> After catching up with my mail; some extra items (note the renumbering !)
>
>   a2.     veru small 3.
>   b2.     small 5.
>   c2      medium 7.
>   d2.	  a bit bigger 9.
>   e2.     big - 15 or more.
>   f2.	  'a2' plus two standing working groups
> 		one of all committers and one as
> 		an advisory board.
>   g2.	  like 'f' but combined with 'b2' instead of 'a2'.
>   i2.	  like 'f' but combined with 'd2' instead of 'a2'.

I'm still +1 for a 5 member initial PMC (option b2). The 5 can
decide if they wish to further expand the committee after it's been
formed, with the chairman's and board's blessing where neccessary.

> Other options you want included ? Or do we want to keep the brief for the
> PMC separate from it's size (i.e. what working groups to create, etc.).

+1 for keeping these separate. Once the PMC is formed, the general
community can provide input to help them decide these other issues
including their charter beyond what ASF requires (if anything), and other
working groups (if any).

-Kelly
--
Kelly A. Campbell              Software Engineer
<camk@merlotxml.org>           ChannelPoint, Inc.