xml-general mailing list archives

From Kelly Campbell <c...@merlot.channelpoint.com>
Subject Re: Resend of first cut
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2001 05:30:19 GMT
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 08:48:54PM -0800, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> I.e. we can add people from outside the board on the fly. Any 5 to N we
> propose do of course have to be accepted to the board.

I didn't see anything in the sections of the bylaws Scott posted about the
PMC members having to be a committer, however, the PMC page for xml.apache
says PMC members must be committers:

"New members may be elected to the PMC. In order to be elected, a person
must have served as a Committer and be nominated by a PMC Member. Once
nominated, all of the PMC will vote and those receiving a 3/4 positive
vote will become a member."

If we want to keep this requirement, that would eliminate 5 of the 14 in
the first cut list by my count (please correct me if I'm wrong). I know
we've said having non-committer input in the PMC is important, but should
we be changing the rules for the PMC makeup at this point? The only other
project that has any info about their PMC visible online seems to be
jakarta, and it has almost identicle language.

-Kelly
--
Kelly A. Campbell              Software Engineer
<camk@merlotxml.org>           ChannelPoint, Inc.