xml-general mailing list archives

From "Brett McLaughlin" <br...@newInstance.com>
Subject Re: xml.apache.org charter proposal
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:57:32 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: <Scott_Boag@lotus.com>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 8:16 AM
Subject: Re: xml.apache.org charter proposal

> "Ted Leung" <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:
> > I refer you to
> http://archive.covalent.net/xml/xerces-j-dev/2000/09/0170.xml
>
> From that URL:
>
> Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> >
> > Whether I like JDOM or not has nothing to do with it. It's in our
> > mission statement to be based on standards. See
> > http://xml.apache.org/mission.
>
> OK, perhaps I stand corrected.  It was my understanding that Arnaud or
> anyone else in the XercesJ2 team didn't have any problem with someone
> writing a JDOM constructor for Xerces2.  In any case, I stand by Arnaud.
> would be very upset if I had to bring in JDOM code to use Xerces.

I'm curious about this. You say that it would be OK to write code in Xerces
that would build a JDOM document; yet at the same time it's not OK to bring
in JDOM code? How is that different from having to bring in the SAX or DOM
classes? I'm of course not wanting a fight here, just some clarification ;-)

And of course, with JDOM in JSR, it's quite possible that this becomes a
real issue in the months to come.

Thanks,
Brett