xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Common sub-project for Xalan/Xerces
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2001 06:54:16 GMT
Well, it's one more .jar that someone has to remember to put
into their classpath.

Is Xalan doing it's own Xerces build?  We already have problems
because Xerces breaks Xalan, or Xerces breaks Axis. Now I foresee
that someone from Xalan will break ADK which will break Xerces
which will break Axis.   Before you laugh,  just today I fixed some bugs
in the website because an Axis induced web site update broke the
Xerces website.

This going to integrate the two projects more tightly -- which might
not be a bad thing -- Oracle's XML package is a parser/XSLT engine.

In practice, the ADK is probably going to include the W3C DOM interfaces,
the SAX2 interfaces, and the JAXP interfaces, so it's pretty unlikely that
they
are going to change much

I think that we need to have an overall packaging / re-packing discussion.
There's some other stuff that's floating around that falls into this
category
like XPath and some of the serializers that are in Xerces.  If we're going
repackage stuff, then lets talk about the whole pie.

Ted