xml-general mailing list archives

From Stephane Hillion <hill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteers: First Cut
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2001 06:19:36 GMT
On Tuesday 06 March 2001 02:19, Sam Ruby wrote:
> Ted Leung wrote:
> > I'd like to see someone from Batik and Xang.
> Something I'm not sure everyone here is aware of: while Batik uses JAXP (a
> good thing), it hard codes explicit references to the crimson parser
> (whatever parser you prefer, hopefully everyone agrees that such early
> binding is unfortunate).  Perhaps someone could volunteer to help show the
> Batik project how to become parser independent?

All the references to crimson we have are constant string references to the
parser class name. These strings are in the source code because we are in
beta version and all the resource files have not been created yet.

We will try to fix this for the 1.0 version we plan to release next month.

BTW I used Xalan 1.2.1 in Batik to perform some XSL stuff and it was
impossible to change the DOM implementation since explicit references to
Xerces are present everywhere. Too bad..
  Stephane Hillion.

View raw message