xml-general mailing list archives

From "Brian Quinlan" <Bri...@ActiveState.com>
Subject Xerces continuing on fatal error question
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:13:04 GMT
Hi,

I am using Xerces to validate XML files and I would like the parser to
continue even after it encounters a fatal error. I am using a SAX2XMLReader
object to read the file, which creates a XMLScanner to scan the file.
XMLScanner has a nice convenient method called setExitOnFirstFatal( ), which
I would like to call. However, SAX2XMLReaderImpl doesn't allow me access to
the XMLScanner instance.

It would be convenient if Xerces did allow one to access the XMLScanner
instance but I have found no way of doing so.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Brian

--
Brian Quinlan
Python and XSLT Developer

Use the power of the dragon for your programming needs.
Download Komodo, our Mozilla-based, cross-platform IDE.
      http://www.ActiveState.com/Komodo