xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: Reboot of the XML 'PMC'.
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:35:24 GMT

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 Scott_Boag@lotus.com wrote:

> Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@covalent.net> wrote:
> > If code is the thing you enjoy most - avoid a PMC
> >          like the plague :-)
>
> Well, maybe to stir up a tiny bit of controversy.  I feel strongly that the
> PMC should be made up of people who are doing the work and are involved
> with the real project issues.  So this is somewhat at odds with Dirk's
> statement.

Thanks Scott, you are absolutely right - this was not the indent of the
statment; from experience in the other projects we found that we really
want people which are directly involved with the various projects - people
who write code, doc's, maintain mailing lists, etc, etc. i.e.
Participants. But at the same time I wanted to warn people that most
things in the PMC are not about code - that is most and more effectively
dealt with by the projects themselves - but about things like licenses,
release policies and other things secondary (and driven by) code.

Dw