xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: xalan 2.0 performance!!!
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:57:14 GMT

> or Templates now and
> then processins them with DOM source.

Processing a foreign DOM had a performance degradation from XalanJ1 to
XalanJ2.  One primary cause is known, and we're working on a solution.

> For me it looks like xalan-j 2.0 is
> oversynchronized.

Huh?  When you're using a foreign DOM no synchronization should be taking
place.  There are synchronizations going on in the Stree module, but these
are required by the transform-as-you-parse model.  I don't think they are a
major performance bottleneck.

-scott

                    Dmitri Romanovski

                    <Dmitri.Romanovski@wiso        To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    ftware.de>                     cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                                                   Subject:     xalan 2.0 performance!!!

                    02/15/2001 07:22 AM

                    Please respond to

                    general

Hi all,

we have experienced major problems with migrating from xalan-j 1.2.2 to
xalan-j 2.0 production release. Stylesheets transformations which took app.

100ms with 1.2.2 need now 5-10 sec with 2.0. We are using xalan in servlet,

precompiling stylesheets in StylesheetRoot ( 1.2.2 ) or Templates now and
then processins them with DOM source.

Does anybody know something about that??? For me it looks like xalan-j 2.0
is
oversynchronized. Maybe there are some undocumented settings or
initialization procedure to avoid this problem???

Please help!!!

Thatnk, Dmitri.