xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Test Infrastructure Project Proposal
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:30:14 GMT

(Jon, please not the request on my original note that all replies only go
to general@xml.apache.org, to avoid cross-post pain).

> What would it take to make JUnit address your needs?
>
> I'm tired of hearing people start new projects without also giving
details
> about exactly why they can't do the work to make existing projects more
> compatible for their needs.

Sorry, point taken.

We did this analysis a while ago, and I can't find the mail just now.  I'll
get back to you later today.

If JUnit does the trick, then fine.  However, I would prefer it that this
be an Apache project, just because I think there will be lots of ongoing
work to develop the infrastructure, and it would seem to me to be easier to
not have to cross organizational boundries.  I could be wrong -- and I'm
not very strong about this point.

Where we should really start is with a list of requirements, rather than
jumping to the conclusions about what form the implementation might be.  It
doesn't matter whose code is run, as long as we can fulfill the
requirements.  I'll try and work up a starter list.

-scott

                    Jon Stevens

                    <jon@latchkey        To:     <xalan-dev@xml.apache.org>, <general@xml.apache.org>,

                    .com>                <general@jakarta.apache.org>

                                         cc:     <pmc@xml.apache.org>, <xerces-j-dev@xml.apache.org>,

                    02/11/01             <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>, "Scott_Boag@lotus.com"

                    01:50 AM             <Scott_Boag@lotus.com>

                    Please               Subject:     Re: Test Infrastructure Project Proposal

                    respond to

                    pmc

on 2/10/01 1:06 PM, "Scott_Boag@lotus.com" <Scott_Boag@lotus.com> wrote:

> We have analyzed JUnit and feel it doesn't address our needs, nor the
> integration testing needs, though we like it's Ant base.

What would it take to make JUnit address your needs?

I'm tired of hearing people start new projects without also giving details
about exactly why they can't do the work to make existing projects more
compatible for their needs.

thanks,

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous