xml-general mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Volunteers: First - cut - Deadline 2nd of March
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:26:43 GMT
Kelly Campbell wrote:

> Why doesn't apache.org provide mailing list archives and searchability
> of those?

Care to volunteer?  ;-)

> > 2) Version 1 of xml-cocoon is still in active development, but is stuck
> > on a backlevel version of xml-fop due to an incompatible change.
>
> Ahh, that's a simple fix. We had to swap out Writer for OutputStream
> because of the binary nature of output formats such as PDF.
Unfortunately,
> there's not way to get an outputstream from a writer, so we couldn't
> nicely deprecate that and maintain functionality. Cocoon just needs to
> call setOutputStream there and pass the servlet response outputstream. I
> thought they had already fixed that, but I guess not.

Given the way cocoon-1 is architected, the code in question does not have
direct access to the servlet response outputstream.  As you point out,
there no way to get an outputstream from a writer.

If you really think that there is a simple fix, care to submit a patch?  ;
-)

- Sam Ruby