xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: Reboot of the XML 'PMC'.
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:22:23 GMT

Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@covalent.net> wrote:
> If code is the thing you enjoy most - avoid a PMC
>          like the plague :-)

Well, maybe to stir up a tiny bit of controversy.  I feel strongly that the
PMC should be made up of people who are doing the work and are involved
with the real project issues.  So this is somewhat at odds with Dirk's
statement.

I also feel that, in general, there should be representation from each
major project on the PMC.

In that light, I would like to volunteer myself to the PMC.  While I don't
love "'dry' issues", and am not particularly into the nuances of license
agreements, I do care deeply about the structure and evolution of
xml.apache.org, both technically and as a community.  If another Xalan
committer or someone who is deeply involved on the Xalan project would like
to step in instead, I would be happy enough to step aside.

-scott