xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Test Infrastructure Project Proposal
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:40:11 GMT

"Sam Ruby" <rubys@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> So the real question is, how do we get peoples habits to change?

First, a testing framework needs to be in place, easy to use by both
developers and nightly integration tests, and give good reports.  Some of
this infrastructure exists today in individual projects, but it needs to be
extended for tests across pipelines, and be made ubiquitous so you don't
have to learn a new framework everytime you want to write a new unit test.

Next, we need to make use of this framework part of the development culture
at Apache.  A ubiquitous framework helps a lot, because use of it gets
carried from project to project.  For instance, the Xerces/FOP problem
might have been more quickly solved if integration tests were already
running on the Xerces developer machines.

-scott