xml-general mailing list archives

From Scott_B...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Text output from xalan
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 05:52:13 GMT

Matthias, your best bet to get these questions answered is to send me
sample input, a sample stylesheet, and details about what Xalan is doing
that you don't like.  From your note it's a little hard to tell exactly
what is going on, and what the solution is.

-scott

                    Matthias

                    Teege                To:     general@xml.apache.org

                    <matthias@mte        cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)

                    ege.de>              Subject:     Text output from xalan

                    Sent by:

                    matthias@mtee

                    ge.de

                    02/14/2001

                    12:30 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    general

Moin,

I use xalan to convert some small xml documents to simple
text ones. The xml documents was created with Emacs and
SGML mode.

Now I have problems with the exact output of xalan. Xalan
remove the tags and made the xsl formating but it also gives
me the spaces from emacs indent and empty lines.

I want the full control about the linefeed. How can I
create an output stream without empty lines and spaces?
How can I made a "manuell" linefeed in the xsl stylesheet
for output formating.

Many thanks
Matthias

--